Wednesday, June 25, 2014

running on e


For the past couple of weeks I have been sick.  This week I have perked up a bit more, but my energy level is still super low.  I have been recovering from strep that turned into a horrible sinus infection that literally knocked me out for days.  One of the first questions doctors ask you when you see them is how long have you been feeling this way?  My original answer two days..... but, I could feel something stirring for awhile.  
This past year has been a high and I think my high on life finally sputtered out.  My body is tired.  My soul is tired.  and I was running on e.  

I am helpless at taking care of myself.... and I don't mean pampering myself or getting time out.  I do that.  But really deeply taking care of myself, with good food, and sleep, and water.  When I don't get enough sleep, which is often, I turn to coffee or soda-pop and fuel myself with sugar.  It is just truth.  A realization I thought of when laying in bed one day last week.  

So here is to better snacks, more water, more rest, and a healthier summer.

No comments: