Monday, May 5, 2014

bringing you the village

Amy, myself, and Carolyn - at CAFO.

Where do I even begin??? For the past month I have been letting this little secret soak in... because it is such an honor and sometimes I have to pinch myself to check and see if it is true.  

You all know I love blogging.  I love traveling.  I LOVE Project Hopeful.  And all three of these loves are coming together for me.  Next year I am leading a team of bloggers down to Project Hopeful's Village of Hope!!! 

Village of Hope cares for special needs orphans in San Lucas, Guatemala and teaches them about the love of Jesus Christ.  Scripture reveals a God who is passionate about the sick, the widow, the orphan, the alien and the poor.  Village of Hope meets these needs! 

The purpose of Village of Hope is to provide family, faith and a future to children and vulnerable mothers in a family style setting.  Each family living unit consists of house parents and 6-8 children or mothers living in a home together on the Village of Hope property.  This family style setting provides appropriate support to all its residents and allows the dorm parents to convey valuable life lessons with the ultimate goal of avoiding the need for children to enter institutional care (an orphanage). 

The village is different then an institutional setting because once the children enter they are put in a Christian family structure and are no longer called orphans.  They also will not ever age out of the system, as Carolyn Twietmeyer states "their ages aren't going to matter, they're not forced to leave, we're with these kids as families, if we say we're family - WE'RE FAMILY, family doesn't end at a certain age".

What is a blogger trip?  A blogger trip is a mission trip of sorts.  I will have a team of 7 bloggers from all over the country with me.  Our team will consist of bloggers that have different styles of writing, different readers, different expertise but we will unite for one week and blog about our experience down in Guatemala at Village of Hope. We are bringing the village to you!

Told you I am pinching myself!

If you want to know more about how to become a Project Hopeful blogger please contact me at hannahjames127@gmail.com and I will happily email you back.  Please know that I will be praying over all requests that come in but will have limited availability.


To learn more about Village of Hope please watch the video below:

1 comment:

Amy Meyer said...

What an awesome opportunity for you! Can't wait to hear the stories!