Tuesday, June 25, 2013

.rocking my baby.

rocking my baby
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow.
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. 
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
~Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

.rocking my baby.  

Some days it is hard for me to sit still and just be still.  

most days if I am honest.

I am a person on the go.  ALL. THE. TIME.  

and that is how I prefer it.

I don't always need to be out and about on the go.... but I like to keep busy within my house.  

To sit and be still with little to do often makes me anxious.

And I feel like I always NEED to be doing something.

I am not the mom who just watches t.v. with her kids..... some days I wish I was, but that is not me.

Yesterday Levi ate more then normal and we sat a lot.  A LOT.

I was hearing that voice from God that said I needed to be still.

That I needed to soak in this time with him.

I am slowly learning to accept that.  

As I looked at my baby I remembered the others when they were little.  

I can still picture their sweet faces as newborns

and I wonder where the time has flown.  

I am glad that every once in a while I listen

and just sit to soak in their faces and smells and beauty.

I am glad that every once in a while I let the cleaning go

and the chores be undone.

Glad that every once in a while I don't even change out of pajamas

or bother to take a shower.

Because someday this little guy will be big like his brothers and sister 

and I will have the memory of rocking him.  

I will remember the way he laughs in his sleep

and grins with only half his mouth.

Right now I am cherishing the intoxication of this newborn. 

And I am falling deep for this little 6 pound boy.  

.rocking my baby.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are cherishing the moments that are achingly fleeting . . . love you.