Wednesday, August 1, 2012

.Journey of Biblical Women: Sarah.


I'm gonna get real with you here, I have never gotten much from Sarah.  I tend to look at her faults above her achievements, it is just how I have always seen her.  So writing a description of her is sort of failing me. 


Since our adoption I have grown to appreciate Sarah more.  Through our adoption I have meet many women who have been unable to have children.  My heart aches for them and I can see how it weighs heavy on each of them; this has helped me see Sarah in a new way.  I can look at her longing for a child and I get it.  I understand now more then ever why Sarah turned to human answers.... because she desperately wanted to be a mom, and she was human.


When we were in Ethiopia a moment I will not ever forget was when my friend Summer went to pick up her baby, her first.  Summer & her husband had been in the process for a long time and watching her on the drive over was amazing.  Seeing Summer glow as she held baby Violet in her arms was awesome.  The longing was now love and everyone surrounding her could see and feel the joy!


Sarah's longing to be a mom lasted tremendously long!  She was well past her years of carrying a child, yet God blessed her with a son.  I can just feel the JOY she must have had!  It must have consumed every inch of her body & soul.  So instead of remembering her for her failures I want to remember the JOY she was given and the thankfulness she had.  Because that is truly something to celebrate.


Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." Genesis 21:6


"Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised.  Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him."  Genesis 21:1&2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journey of Biblical Women:

No comments: