Monday, July 16, 2012

.Journey of Biblical Women - Introduction & Eve.


Lately I have been reading a huge book called All the Women of the Bible by Edith Deen.  I have been learning from each woman.  Some of the women in the Bible have left wonderful amazing examples of how to live a great Godly life.  Some of the women have left examples of what not to do.  Both are encouraging me to continue to seek the Lord.


There are 316 women that Edith Deen writes about.  316!  She has them categorized by named women that are key players in the Bible, other named women, and then she goes through all the unnamed women.  It is a huge complete collection.  


Before I started reading the book I felt like I wanted to paint some women of the Bible, thus leading me to this particular book.  I am not going to paint all the women of the bible, because there are sooo many, but I have started painting the key players.  I want to tell the story of these women through paintings.  I want to one day line them up and see the Bible come alive, through the Women in the stories.   For each person portrayed I am picking out a couple key words that remind me of their story.  So far I have done two and I am excited to see where God takes me on this journey.  


Now that you know what God has laid on my heart, I want to introduce you to Eve; the mother of all the living.  


"Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living". Genesis 3:20

Eve is the very first woman in the Bible because she was the first woman created.  There is a lot we can learn about Eve.  The word I chose for Eve was "Forgiven".  Most of the time I think of Eve and I think her story ends when she leaves the garden, which is not true.  In fact leaving the garden most likely strengthen her faith because she had to enter a world of sin where she would need to lean more on the Lord.  When looking at the story of Adam & Eve I tend to forget that they relied on God throughout their life after the garden.  As I look at the rest of her life I don't see that God left her alone or that she didn't call out to Him.  I see circumstances occur that she would need the Lord to help her through.  As Christians we sometimes blame Eve for the fall and only look at when she fell into temptation.  We fall too though and just as God forgives us for our mistakes I believe she was forgiven for hers.  Instead of wallowing in that sin she choose to continue in a relationship with God and her calling on Him is beautiful, just like I believe her to be.

No comments: