Tuesday, June 12, 2012

.seeds of patience.

  

Since Mothers day I have made 5 paintings.  Five!  That is 4 more in a month then my whole life's total.  And I LOVE it!  I feel a huge release when I am working with paint.  I honestly wish I had done it sooner.  I still am not ready to sell any....I don't think.  But maybe someday.  Aaron thinks I should but I want to practice more first.  

When I finish each piece I find flaws and want to change things.  I think a lot of this is due to me not being patient, it is hard to wait for the paint to dry when there is a vision in my head.  I tend to rush too much to get to the end.  And thus tend to not think enough about the entire layout until its too late. 


The same is true with life..... I am not a patient person by nature.  Not at all.  And I typically try to rush to get to the next thing.  I have seen God give me little things lately that cause me to slow down.  When I slow down I can much better enjoy life.  And it turns out better then if I would have just rushed through the day.  

God is growing patience in me.  Through painting.  Through gardening (yes I have started a garden, and no it has not died yet).  And through raising kids.  I want to continue to pause each day and plan out my moves so that at the end of child-rearing I can look back and hang the beautiful masterpiece on the wall. 

I have a mini garden: true story - look at my little baby cucumber plants!!!

ps: this is the first painting I truly love - I can't wait for more like it :) 

No comments: