Tuesday, May 15, 2012

.apparently I paint.


This weekend Aaron gave me time to myself.....much needed alone time.  It was my Birthday Saturday and I told him that I wanted time to myself as my gift - and I got it!  I didn't even know what I would do.  Usually when I have a minute to myself I blog.  Or edit photos.  Or work on shop things.  Or read.  I didn't want to do any of that.  


During these past few weeks I have been frustrated.  Frustrated with Tariku.  Frustrated with Lydia and Asher.  Frustrated with Aaron.  Frustrated with God.  But, mostly frustrated with myself.  I needed to do something to release all that yuck into something.  And I don't run.


Some paints caught my eye shortly after Aaron left with the kids.  So I painted.  Worshiping Jesus at the same time.  As I painted a lot of tension came pouring out and a lot of that frustration turned into beauty.  Turns out painting is good for my soul.  

So with all kids napping miraculously at the same time right now I am going to paint again.  And pray as I go.

Not sure what will happen with my new hobby.... maybe someday they will end up here.

2 comments:

Kim said...

This is beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to find a creative release for your frustrations. It WILL get better (or so I've been told!) :)

Mattie said...

This is beautiful and I pray that you get more of these moments in the near future and need less of them. Your family is simply beautiful by the way!