Thursday, February 9, 2012

.if it's not about me.

Lately I have been asking myself these questions.....and I am being convicted by the Lord.....totally and utterly convicted.  And He continues to change me.  My selfishness is more disgusting then anything found in the images below.

If this world is not about me then why do I have a closet full of clothes while others lack?
Margaret in Liberia

If this world is not about me then why do I throw away leftovers while others dig in landfills for food?
We passed the Korah dump everyday we were in Ethiopia. Video Source

If this world is not about me then why do I have plenty of shelter to welcome more in but I let people sleep on the sidewalk?
If this world is not about me then why do I think I NEED a shower once a day when others don't even have clean water to drink?
If this world is not about me then what on Earth am I doing with a house of items I don't need? 

If this world is not about me and it is about Jesus then why do I fail to do my part?

If this world is not about me then I need to start living EACH and every moment of all my days for the one it is about - JESUS.  

The beauty is that Jesus knows how selfish I am and loves me the same.  Saving me even when I live for myself.  Which is too much.  He is showing me daily how to be more like Him and live for Him while serving others.  Thank you Lord for this gift.  Thank you Lord for your gift of selflessness for my selfishness.  Thank you Lord for teaching me to become more like you.

No comments: