Saturday, January 7, 2012

.yearly recap.


.yearly recap.  Before I get too far into 2012 I want to recap 2011 - because it was a big year.  I saw this on Kristen's blog and thought I would do the same.  She got it via All & Sundry.  

1. What did you do in 2011 that you have never done before?  
We started the adoption process!  That was a big first :) 

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 Yes & Yes..... I grew in faith tremendously.  This years goal - learning to say no to extra things and keeping it simple around here....we will see how that goes. haha.  I love how that is our plan and 8 days into the New Year we are leaving for Ethiopia - real simple..... 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes - a lot of good friends had babies this past year!  And brought little ones home via adoption.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.  However my friend lost a brother this year and knowing she is grieving is hard. 

5. What countries did you visit?
USA - because we live here.... We did visit a lot of states this year, Missouri, Illinois, and the UP of Michigan. 

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More planning of meals.  And better meal choices. 

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June (5th?) 2011 - We got to be at the airport and witness Mandie and Dave bring Malachi home.  It was amazing to be a part of the welcome home crew and I get tears thinking about how present the Lord was in that moment. 
August 24th - Was the day we found out our agency chose us to parent our little guy - a call I will always remember.  I honestly don't think anyone has looked like I did in a Walmart before and I am thankful my sister was visiting and able to keep my kids entertained while I cried, screamed, and generally freaked out (in a wonderful way, of course). 
September 4th - My sisters wedding day.  I was, and still am, so incredibly happy for her and her husband.  And my sister was the prettiest bride I have ever seen.  

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Raising half of our adoption fund through online auctions, garage sales, & coffee sales. I worked hard and the Lord helped us in amazing ways! 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh, goodness.  Potty training is a big failure right now.  We thought Lydia had it down pat....but that is not true.  

10.  Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh my!  Well, we have had pink eye, ear infections, strep throat, some flu thing last January.  And I had mastitis....not such a great year. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to Ethiopia!  Hands down. 

12.  Where did most of your money go?
Toward our adoption.....all our money went there. 

13. What did you get really excited about?
See #7 above.

14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Jamie Grace's I Love the Way You Hold Me.  Every time this comes on at our house, no matter what were doing, we stop and have a small dance party.  The kids know this and it is Ashers favorite song, he loves clapping to it.
And
Matt Hammitt's All of Me.  It reminds me of our little guy.  He already has All of Me. 

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-happier or sadder?  I would have to say a little happier, because I am about to leave for Ethiopia and that is making me ecstatic. 
-thinner or fatter?  Thinner, I lost weight from Asher's pregnancy. 
-richer or poorer?  Poorer... see #12

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Crafting. Art Making. Creating. 

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
....wasting time on the computer.  However I have made some seriously awesome friends in that time, of which I do not regret at all. 

18. How did you spend Christmas?
 We went to Merrill, WI this year and did Christmas with my family.  5 houses in 3 days with 2 under 3...yeah it was a little much, but fun.  

19. What was your favorite TV program?
It never changes - Survivor.  And I got Aaron, he will not like me telling everyone this, to watch all of Friends with me from episode one to the final one. 

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
There is No Me Without You by Mellissa Fay Green, Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman, and Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis.  All related to missions, adoption, and Africa in one way or another. 

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I listen to Christian music all year round because it is better then annoying kid music and it is something my kids can listen to. 

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 in 2011 and I can't remember what we did to celebrate. 

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having our kids sleep through the night.....or not being such a grouch about those long ones when Asher seemed to not sleep ever.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Fashion is dead and comfort is King! (A slogan I stole from a Camp I worked at)

26. What kept you sane?
Blogging, Friends, Mom to Mom.

27.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. 
If you ever want to see God at Work start the Adoption process.  It has been one God story after another and we are so blessed to be able to witness it all!  

And kidney beans are MUCH better from a can.  I cannot seem to figure out how to hydrate them. 

No comments: