Wednesday, October 19, 2011

.what is a hannah? what is a james?.


image source

A Repost:

Hannah James is a name that has a lot of meaning for me.  In adoption, most parents have to wait a long, long time in order to bring their babes home.  Many adopting families wait well past the 9 months of a regular pregnancy.  In our case we have already planned to adopt for nearly a year!  I have heard of families adopting from China that wait five years or longer, FIVE YEARS!  

There is one women in the Bible I have looked up to that dealt  patiently in waiting for a child, her name is Hannah.  I love Hannah's story.  I love that she brought her hopes and dreams and difficulties to the Lord.  I love that she put all her hope in the one who we need to put our hope in, God.  She longed for a child and I know that the adopting mothers out there are longing to be with their babies too.  I hope we can all find peace in the Lord and lean on Him for strength through our own adoption journies.  We might not have gone through infertility, like Hannah, but we are all waiting to bring our babes home and longing for them to be home.  Just like Hannah.

The second name for my shop & blog is James.  It comes from James 1:27, "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."  Basically it represents the babes we are longing for.  The precious orphans we care about.  

The shops mission is to help other Hannah's so we can bring home more James'.  By helping other moms,  and families, we can help bring home more orphans!  I love the name, hoping you do too!

3 comments:

Trinity said...

Beautiful. I always wondered the meaning.

Lindsey said...

I didn't know what it meant! I LOVE it!!!!! Such a great name with such a beautiful meaning. LOVE! :D

Silver Strands said...

OH my goodness ... that is just beautiful!