Friday, October 7, 2011

.through my pride.

Pinned Image

.through my pride.  This week as I wrote to many handmade artists, friends, and all of you, I had knots in my stomach.  I got sick thinking about asking people for donations, asking people to help us raise money for our adoption.  I felt ashamed of asking others to help.  And truthfully each email I send puts a bigger knot in my stomach.

But...my son is worth so much more to me then my pride.  And if I have to get embarrassed a couple of times to get to Ethiopia and pick him up, then I will.  That doesn't mean this knot will automatically go away, because it hasn't.  However, I am getting emails from friends with donations, encouragement, and words of love....and I am being humbled.  I am being shown that we can work together and get this done.  During this time I am learning that it is alright to just be thankful.  And I am.  

I am raising support to get to my son.  And in that I should not be ashamed.  Thank you if you have supported us in any way.  Thank you if you have promised a donation.  Thank you if you have personally sent me words of love and encouragement.  Thank you if you have said a sweet prayer.  

The video below gets me fired up about adoption.  It makes me stand up for my family and my son.  My favorite line in the video is when Eric says, "If my son is in that situation, (talking about being hungry, alone, and scared) stick a concrete wall in front of me and I will claw through it with my bare hands." 

Friends, my concrete wall is support raising.  I will keep clawing through it until our son comes home and after.  I know that together we can do this.  I will keep going, knocking down my pride along the way, to get to our son.  Thank you for the help along the way.  .through my pride.

Please watch this video and ask yourself, "If my kid was on the other side of the World...wouldn't I do the same?"

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh my WORD this makes me wonder why I've never donated to someone's adoption before. God is good, and will provide.

Remember the story of the woman with the jars. God provided according to her faith in asking.

And, for the record, I don't have a daughter, but my boyfriend does. And you'd better believe I'd claw through that concrete wall, too.