Thursday, September 15, 2011

.connecting.


.connecting.  YES!  It is fall and that means all sorts of wonderful things are around us.  Falling leaves, cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, and Mom to Mom has started at our church.  Mom to Mom is sorta like a MOPS group (at least that is what I am told).  Except it is a Biblical based program.  I absolutely love it.  I think so often we as stay at home moms, especially moms with young children, feel like we are parenting alone.  Our husbands are working all day and we are taking care of our children.  Yes - it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. Yes - I love it!  Yes - it is fun.  But, parenting is also hard.  There are days when I watch the clock click by counting down until I will have help.  There are days I wish I was the one "working".  

Mom to Mom, and other groups like it, are like a breath of fresh air.  I love it for many reasons, I get to connect with other moms in the same spot I am in, my children interact with others their age, I get filled with spiritual truths that connect me to Jesus, and it helps me feel like I am not alone on this parenting ride.  

I absolutely love connecting with others online through blogs and forums - but connecting in real life is needed.  I encourage every mother of young children to find a group to get connected with.  They are so helpful.  And if you can't find one start one - I guarantee someone in your area is searching too.  .connecting. 

Do you go to Mom to Mom or MOPS? 
How has it helped you?

No comments: