Wednesday, July 27, 2011

.how I blog.


.how I blog.  And now I am talking about how I blog, on my blog.....  I don't know about you, but I can't for the life of me blog in advance.  I know some bloggers who schedule out their blogs into interesting categories and have posts lined up for weeks.  I don't roll like that.  I have tried, honest, and I can't do it.  So I blog daily.  Sometimes, when I am feeling really jazzy I blog for the next day.  Last week I blogged all on one one day and it was a true life miracle (more of a miracle that my kids slept for three hours to let me do it).  But, most the time it is a daily thing.  And I am usually blogging about whatever God has on my mind for the day.  

NEW -  I Love You, Blogs and Coffee (ESPRESSO)

Blogging daily has its advantages and disadvantages.  I don't necessarily have categories here, which I think could be a disadvantage.  But an upside to this is that blogging daily keeps things real.  And that is what I love most about my favorite bloggers, so that is what I want to do here too.   Another disadvantage would be missing posts because my kids are not napping at the same time, or I am too tired to think, or my neighbor is pounding something with a hammer and I can't think of anything other than constant pounding - like yesterdays post that literally took me an hour to get through and it was an easy post about Harry Potter for crying out loud.  Sorry about the sidetrack, to sum up missing a day is not that big a deal to me either.  So I am interested in all of you, is blogging on a scheduler hard?  Is it easy?  What do you do?  .how I blog.

How do you blog?
Are you a planner?
Do you fly by the seat of your pants?
Do you do a little of both?
Do you just read blogs?

3 comments:

Anna of IHOD said...

Oh girl, I can't seem for the life of me to be able to blog more than a day in advance. Determined to change that though so I am not hustling in the morning as always! I think it would be easier just for me to prepare the week in advance and schedule them then. I think disorganization is a pre-req for kids:)

Future Mama said...

Let's see...I suppose I fall in the "little of both" category! I try to put something up on M/W/F. Sometimes it is a spur of the moment post and sometimes (when life is crazy) it is a reserve post that I wrote ahead of time and just have saved. Although...I am running out of my already written posts...so I better stop reading and get to writing myself ;-)

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

I've realized that it was SO much easier to blog often while I was in school. I didn't feel like I had the time, but I think my brain just WORKED better, haha. Now, when I get off of work, I just sit in front of the TV and veg. This was really thought provoking for me. I'd like to be better about blogging, but the thought of planning out topics just seems unrealistic for the way I blog - which is to talk about whatever is on my heart at that moment.