Wednesday, July 6, 2011

.extreme home makeover.

EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION - "Zeigler/Hansen Family," - Master Bedroom  Picture,        on "Extreme Makeover Home Edition," Sunday, Febuary 20th      (8:00-9:00  p.m.    ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network
photo from Extreme Home Makeover - Notice their headboard, all their love letters.... so romantic

.extreme home makeover.  Do you watch Extreme Home Makeover?  I love this show as the people featured are always good hearted individuals who have deep devotion to a cause.  However this show should be called, Extreme Emotional Journey as it leaves me crying ever single time - EVERY SINGLE TIME.  When I was pregnant with my children I forbid myself from watching, because the two times I did I turned into a hysteric basket case mess.  Since those two times, when I was pregnant and watched the show, I have not watched it.  Then I randomly turned on the t.v. Sunday night and it was on, and it drew me in. 

  This particular episode was about the Zeigler family.  Patrick Zeigler is a soldier who has honorably served in Iraq then he was brought back to Fort Hood to attend training to become an Officer.  Then the shooting of November 9th happened, killing 13 soldiers and injuring many others.  Zeigler was one of the victims.  He was shot four times, including one bullet to his head.  Needless to say, the doctors didn't think he would make it, and even started labeling him number 14.  But, God works miracles and Patrick made it through the worst times with his fiance, Jessica, by his side. 

EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION - "Zeigler-Hansen" - "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" traveled to Fort Hood, Texas a year after tragedy struck the base to deliver a fresh start to one lucky couple. On November 5, 2009, a gunman fired more than 100 rounds at soldiers and civilians on base. In the aftermath, 13 people were left dead and 32 others were wounded. Among those caught in the crossfire... Patrick Zeigler, a soldier who had only returned from Iraq two weeks prior. On that ill-fated day, Zeigler was hit four times, with a near fatal gunshot to the head. Patrick's life was forever changed. Upon hearing of his tragedy, fiance Jessica Hansen put her college degree on hold in order to be by Patrick's side and to aid in his recovery. Now the couple will discover that love conquers all, on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/VIVIAN ZINK)PATRICK ZEIGLER, JESSICA ZEIGLER

I highly recommend watching this episode.  Not for the home makeover part - even though their new pad is unbelievable in every way.  Not even for the love story - which will bring you to tears in the first two minutes. (SIDE NOTE: Their love story alone could be a 5 hour special..... tissues needed)  I think everyone should watch it because these are the heroes serving our country every single day.  So many people give up a lot and sacrifice a ton so that I can have my freedom.  I often take it for granted and I don't say thank you enough.  This episode really showed me what one family has sacrificed and it makes me respect all families who are serving in our military even more.  Thank you to everyone who has served and those who are going to serve our country.  Thank you to those families serving right now.  THANK YOU.  .extreme home makeover. 

1 comment:

Future Mama said...

Wow, this does sound like a good episode! I recently saw a preview for a new show on TLC about military homecomings that also looks tear-worthy...not sure if that one has started yet!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/