Thursday, June 9, 2011

.50 things.


1. My all time favorite color is brown.
2. I love hot weather and anything in the 75 - 100 degree range is perfect.
3. I think I could become a vegetarian but my husband would have real big issues with that as he needs to eat meat daily.
4. I have been to 8 countries - although Morocco was only for a long layover (17 hours), and Sierra Leone was for a short one where I didn't even get off the plane.
5. I graduated with three Minors (Adventure Education, Environmental Education, Youth Programming and Camp Management) - and I love them all more then my Major (Elementary Education).
6. My favorite number is 6.
7. I do not have good grammar, but it is slowly improving.
8. I could live on tacos.
9. I broke my arm in 7th grade by doing a cartwheel.
10. I am better at individual sports rather then team sports.
11. I look like my mom & my daughter looks like me.
12. I have 20/20 vision, but also have bad night vision..... so I guess its not perfect.
13. I have a really good memory.
14. My dream would be to work at an orphanage in Africa.
15. I would like to have either 4 or 6 children, not 5.
16. My Birthday is May 12th.
17. I think living in Seattle would be perfect - although I have never been there.
18. I love the rain.
19. I have a bad habit of pulling out my eye lashes & eyebrows.... some sorta OCD I think.
20. I married my love on October 14th, 2006.
21. I love to travel.
22. My favorite vacation was to CA!
23. I do not rest when my children nap. I blog. Or craft.
24. I love to be organized.
25. My house is a poor reflection of number 24.
26. I have a long tailbone so doing v-sits hurts my back/bum.
27. I love to be barefoot.
28. I live on the top floor of an old farm house.
29. I love reality T.V.
30. I have seriously considered applying for Survivor.  Someday I think I will.
31. I hated pink as a kid, but it is growing on me daily.
32. My fist job was vending at UW-Badger Football Games. 
33. I met my husband in New Orleans.
34. I can easily spend an entire day at Barnes & Noble.
35. My favorite song is Set the World on Fire by Britt Nicole, it makes me want to get up and BE THE CHANGE!
36. I am overly obsessed with checking my email.
37. My least favorite chore is cleaning the dishes. 
38. I am better at cooking a meal then baking anything.
39. I write in cursive.
40. I am highly emotional and cry easily.  I blame my mom.
41. My favorite job was as a camp counselor, summer of 2003 to be specific.
42. I drive a mini-van and I love it. 
43. My husband and I picked out our son's name the first year we were dating.  We told each other if we ever married each other and had a son we would name him Asher Michael.  6 years later we followed through.
44. My favorite pizza toppings are green peppers, tomatoes, and onions. 
45. Whenever I had to fill out my race on standardized tests I hesitated, starting as far back as those tests go...3rd grade.  I don't know why but I always got mad and thought, who cares.
46. I love the smell of rain, fresh grass, the library, new cars, and summer heat.
47. I love coffee - Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Lattes are my fav. 
48. I use cloth diapers on my children.  And most of the time I like that.
49. I am fairly good with directions.  Most definitely better then my husband.
50. I am a child of God and strive to live for him daily, yet I will never be perfect and am humbled just to be called His. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can definitely relate with you on several points - crafting/blogging when kids are napping, checking e-mail too many times, Starbucks.. especially number 50!

Mandie M. said...

Love this :)! I actually learned some about you even though I know you well.. When I read the part about obsessive email checking I thought "Oh, No!! It is going to get a MILLION times worse with adoption." hahah, I say this because I used to care less about my email, but during the adoption I became crazed!