Wednesday, March 16, 2011

.japan.

.japan.  As I look at the images of a country that has been shaken and shattered I am almost at a complete loss for words.  I don't know what to say or think or do.  The loss is unthinkable and I simply cannot imagine myself in their shoes - my mind cannot process it all.  I feel sick as I watch those in need and all I can do is pray for them.  My heart is heavy grieving with those I will most likely never meet, our brothers and sisters across the globe.  .japan.

This Friday there will be a bloggers day of silence for Japan.  Lydia & the girls from Utterly Engaged have put it together and you can learn more about it here.  I will be participating and I encourage you to also.  It seems like such a small thing, but our hearts are big and this is what we can do.

There are many ways we can help - here is a list of organizations klove put together.  There are also fast ways to donate, like texting MED to 80888 to give $10.00 to the International Medical Corps, texting 90999 to donate $10.00 to the red cross or texting "4Japan" to 20222 to donate $10.00 to World Vision.  

There are also a ton of shops & listings on etsy that are donating sales and partial proceeds to Japan relief organizations - Just type in Japan Relief.  Alone it feels like we can't do anything, but together we can do a lot. 

No comments: