Friday, January 7, 2011

.10 things - ok 11.

.10 things - ok 11.  Here is a list of 10 things you should know about me.  Ok 11, because number 11 is something I am very proud of -she says with a gloat.  .10 things - ok 11.

1. I always have on decorated socks.  Cheerios, Christmas trees, candy corn - somehow they are always decorated.  This is because my mom buys us socks for each and every holiday. 

2. I could eat Mexican food everyday for the rest of my life and be fully satisfied by it.  I love it that much.  Typing that statement made me hungry for tacos & we just ate them a couple days ago.  Yum.

3. I do not like lawn decorations at all.  Especially those giant ugly inflatable things that take up half the lawn.  Under No Circumstances will they EVER be acceptable at my house.  Yuck.

4. My family and I are renting an upper part of a house to live in.  Some days I dream of what owning a house would be like and how much I would have fun decorating.  But, most days I thank the Lord that there is a roof above my head and we do not have to mow the lawn or shovel the sidewalk. 

5. I am not a shoe girl - I don't geek out over them.  However, I received my Ssekos sandals yesterday and my feelings on shoes might have changed because I AM IN TOTAL AWE OVER THEM.

6. I love to read.  Love to.  Lately I have had tons of Adoption books and Africa memoirs stacked high on my night stand and around the house.

7. Today I made a major mom mistake.  Major.  I threw Lydia's beloved blankie into the wash right before nap time.  Which led to a series of unfortunate events.  Seriously, what was I thinking?

8. I have to finish one thing before moving onto the next.  This goes for eating,cleaning, projects, etc.  Sometimes this is good sometimes it's not.

9. I always pack last minute before trips.  Even long ones.  This usually results in us forgetting something. 

10. I am the girl whose glass is "half -empty".  I have been working on seeing the "half - full" positive side of things...but it will take time.

11.  I am in a yahoo football pick em league with all guys.  And I am kicking their pants off right now - by a lot.  This started the first week when I blew them out of the water - making my picks when I was in labor.  I am for sure going to be bragging about this for years to come.  Usually I don't brag about much, but this - this I will hold above heads for awhile.  :)

What are some things I should know about you? 

3 comments:

Future Mama said...

I LOVE Mexican food too! Now I'm hungry just thinking about it...mmmmmm.... ;-)

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

HI, Desiree!
Thank you for commenting on my incourage post...now ive found your great blog! its always great to make a new blogging friend. I look forward to getting to know you better. have a great weekend.

handmedowndesigns said...

I am usually a half-full kind of girl..this can sometimes annoy those around me who are the half-empty type...namely my husband and daughter! :-)

I am also border-line obsessive compulsive...un-official self diagnosis...and I got a second opinion from my family, who also happen to have the same predicament!

As you can imagine, this makes for a very interesting household...and I LOVE IT! :-)