Friday, December 3, 2010

.the problem with being crafty.

image source Kristina Marie

.the problem with being crafty.  I have a bad habit, one that has been driving me nuts lately.  Nuts I tell you.  One that I need to get over.  I craft.  And that alone is not a bad habit, it's a really good thing actually.  The problem comes in when I look at other peoples crafts and say, "I can make that".  And then I try.  With-every-single-thing.  I mean seriously.  I have about a million and one projects started at my house and I should really just focus on a couple.  I really need to let go of my over-productive self so that I can start enjoying what others create.  Without the need to make it myself.  Without the want of buying more items to make one little craft.  .the problem with being crafty.

Did you catch the part I am really hung up on? ... enjoying what others create. 

I hope today you can look around the blogsphere with me and just enjoy the beauty of what others have made.  There really are some masterpieces. 

If your crafty, do you struggle with this?

2 comments:

Pattie said...

I have this problem, but my fiance helps me keep the projects that I start down to a minimum. But, there are many times that I look around and think..."I could make that"

The Hungry Crafter said...

Oh, I hear you on this one! And then because I'm a perfectionist, half the time I don't get around to making anything because I don't want to mess up the pretty materials. I know, it makes no sense... :)