Thursday, December 9, 2010

.gifts of compassion.

Before this post I would like to say sorry for such a downer of a post on Monday.  Sometimes I get so caught up in darkness of this world that I forget that there are many ups too.  Yes there are starving children out there that need our help.  But I forget that there are many people out there helping too.  After this holiday season, I think, I will be posting some stories from Liberia.  Lessons that I learned. 

I am also sorry for the irratic posting.  We are sick around here.  And with two kids under two there is limited time to blog.  Thank you for understanding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.gifts of compassion.  This Christmas season I feel like a lot of people are shopping with a purpose.  Maybe it's just me, but I can feel this change in giving.  It's out there.  It's real.  And it's about time.  After all God came with a purpose.  And He came for you and me.  We should, I feel, give gifts with a purpose too.  Give gifts that mean more then I spent x amount on you - you should do the same for me.  This year we are going give back to Jesus.  We are going to give to his people.  Because he gave us so much. 

This year Compassion International has a gifts of compassion catalog.  These gifts range from $10 - $5,000.  And they mean a lot.  This on-line catalog provides you with a chance to get gifts that mean more without the horrible traffic, long lines, and stress.  Did you perk up at no traffic like me :).  By picking out a gift from the catalog you could help change the life of someone who is living in the poorest conditions of the world.  Clean drinking water, medical treatment, and food supplies are just some examples of what you could help buy.  These are real gifts that need giving.  These are real needs that need to be meet.  These are real people who need our help.

Please consider looking through the catalog with me.  I am super excited to give a little more.  And to give with purpose.  .gifts of compassion.

Do you give with a puropose?  Do you give through compassion?  Do you have another organization you give through, like world vision, or heiffer international?  I would love to hear how you give.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't know anything about Compassion... let me tell you a little. Compassion International is a Christian child advocacy ministry that helps to release children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty so that they may become responsible Christian adults. They help more then 1 million children in 26 countries. Compassion is amazing at what they do. Sponsorship doesn't cost a lot ($38.00 a month) and you get so much in return. Consider sponsoring a child today.

For more information on Compassion International go to their website. Or their blog. To sponsor a child go to their sponsor a child page.

No comments: