Monday, December 27, 2010

.christmas celebration.

.christmas celebration.  And it's back to reality for me today.  With the husband gone at work, I am trying to make it through the day with two over excited kids.  Ok, one over excited toddler.  One - did not get enough sleep baby.  I could use an extra few days of people cooking for me & helping with the kids. 

This year we spent Christmas with my husbands family.  It was only my third time away from my family at Christmas, and every time I tear up.  Does this happen to you as well?  Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws.  All of them.  However, it is just not the same as being with mine.  Little things are different.  Aaron's family opens all their presents up one by one, everyone watching, oohing and ahhhing at each gift given.  Mine, well, we tear everything open all together until there is a big pile of paper on the floor and no one can see across the room, then we go to each others "piles" and investigate who gave what to whom.  Another difference is when the presents are all opened Aaron's family usually watches a movie.  Mine, play games.  Little differences.

 Even though there are little differences one thing stays the same.  We celebrate the birth of our Savior.  We celebrate with cookies and cake.  We celebrate with laughter and fellowship.  We celebrate with food and drink.  We celebrate with gifts.  We celebrate the birth of Jesus.  We go to church.  We sing.  We light candles.  We worship Him who came.

Even though I miss my family on Christmas, I am with family.  And, I get to celebrate the birth of my Savior.  The celebration really makes the little differences melt away and not seem so different.  I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, celebrating the birth of our Savior.  .christmas celebration.

PS: Half an hour before we left, I realized I lost my camera..... so I am waiting on our pictures from Aunt Jess.  She was nice enough to snap pictures at random and when asked this weekend.  Thanks Jess!

2 comments:

JulieandMax said...

Hi Desiree - I found you on the Etsy Castteam directory, and just wanted to stop by and say 'hi'.
Blessings, Julie (Maxies Knitwear)

Jlynn04 said...

No problem! I'll get them on a cd for you as soon as I get the chance

-Aunt Jess