Tuesday, November 30, 2010

.mercy house.


.mercy house.  I have discovered a new way to shop.  Well two new ways actually, the first is online.  I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E to shop online, it has totally become a new favorite of mine.  A new way, a better way. 

The second is to support shops that mean something.  Buying with a purpose.  I know this totally contradicts yesterdays post - those shops are just for fun really, and I mainly just like to browse through them.  I have, I think, committed myself to buying with a purpose from now on - for most things.  Buying items through organizations where the proceeds will go to something beneficial and real.  I have been on this path for only a little while and I totally give credit to Sseko's for jump starting this way of thinking and buying.  Which by the way I am getting for Christmas and I could not be more excited about.

Along this path of finding shops that have purpose and meaning.  I have found The Mercy House.  The Mercy House exists to provide alternative options for pregnant girls living in the streets of Kenya. The Mercy House will aid them in nutrition, housing, prenatal care, counseling, Biblical teaching and job skills for sustainable living.  It is an organization that will help change girls lives.  It is a safe place for women to go. 

The Mercy House Shop is where the organization gets a lot of its funding.  There you can find items donated by a number of different people, myself included.  The shop is always changing as they sell what is donated.  The items for sale are amazing and the people are talented for sure.  Please go check it out - I am sure you will find something you will like.  And if you are crafty consider donating yourself!  .mercy house.

No comments: