Tuesday, October 19, 2010

.sseko designs.

image from sseko designs
.sseko designs.  I am super excited to share this link with everyone today.  Sseko designs partners with an all girls school in Uganda and employs the girls they hire to earn a living so they can continue on with their education.  The women they hire live and work together making these sandals for a short time.  I am so inspired by Liz Forkin (founder) who is filled with a passion for this project and compassion for the women of Uganda.  She is also so very creative and the whole project is inspiring. 
image from sseko designs
And for the sandals... They are beautiful.  I wish it was summer NOW  so that I could get a pair and strap them on.  But for now I will have to wait.  I do believe these are at the top of my Christmas wish list - any color strap will do.  For more information please go to Sseko designs.  And please pass the word around about this great organization. .sseko designs.

No comments: