Wednesday, July 7, 2010

.paper wreath.

.paper wreath.  The first Christmas craft on my list this July was to make a lovely paper wreath.  I was in total awe after seeing this tutorial from Living with Lindsay.  And, after reading through the tutorial I immediately decided that it was something I needed to try. 

In my version, I ended up using pins instead of the hot glue she shows in her tutorial, because I don't have a glue gun (gasp) and didn't want to buy one (another gasp... I know I will jump on board someday).  The pins worked fine in the foam & I think it made the paper easier to control.  Since I used vintage books, I did not paint the edges I just left them how they are.

I also ended up using a bigger wreath, because I didn't read through the directions well enough to remember the size.  Because of the larger size I used 1 1/2 books.  My wreath is huge & looks like it was blown up by Wayne Szalinski in the movie Honey I blew up the kids....seriously I am gonna need to clear a wall for this beauty.  To give it more of a Christmas feel I just added red ribbon to hang it up.  I probably would have added a red bow made from ribbon too, but I ran out.  What would you do to make this a Christmas wreath?  .paper wreath.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love this! I may just have to try it!

On another note, I recently received the Sunshine Award and would like to pass it on to you. (You may have already received one in the past, but I just wanted to acknowledge you and your great blog.)
Have a sunny day!

To pick it up, just stop by:
www.theprettybee.blogspot.com

affectioknit said...

That's so pretty!

gardenmama said...

wow! i love this use of paper, very creative!