Tuesday, July 6, 2010

.christmas in july, explanation.

.christmas in july, explanation.  This year I have vowed to get my shopping for Christmas done by July 31st.  This is for a number of reasons.  One, I would like to enjoy the holiday season more and not just feel the pressure of having to buy the perfect gift and decorate in a certain way.  Two, I believe that buying in advance will help us save money this holiday season instead of buying what looks nice at Christmas time.  This will also help me give gifts that people will enjoy because I will not be buying the "hot" item of the season.  My primary reason for getting Christmas shopping done early this year is the simple fact that we will have an infant (due mid-September) and I do not want to shop and will not have time to shop this fall/winter with two little ones.  I am hoping that I can also get some decorating ideas started this summer in order to have a more peaceful and relaxing holiday season.  After all we are suppose to be celebrating the birth of our Savior, and that should not be stressful for any of us.  In fact it should be the opposite, Christmas should be a time where we are filled with joy and laughter and not have to worry about the monetary items of this world.
Throughout this month I am going to blog, mostly, about how my gift and craft progress is going.  I will have links to some cool crafty Christmas sites and I am going to try to make some Christmas crafts myself... although this is not guaranteed :) .  If you find any links to any awesome Christmas ideas please share them with me, I would love to post them too!  Thanks and have a Merry Christmas this July! .christmas in july, explanation.

PS: If you want a button to link back here, please visit this post.

No comments: