Tuesday, October 6, 2009

.crazy love - chapter one.

.bloom. I am part of an online book club called Bloom. This club is set up and organized by Angie Smith and Jessica Turner. The first book we are all reading is crazy love by Francis Chan. Angie and Jess have done a fabulous job going through this book. Each week they post a video on the chapter and have questions for us to answer. They have also set up a ning site, and online community group for women. All of this is so that we may know and love God more, learn from each other, lean on each other in our trials, and rejoice with each other in times of joy. If you have not checked out Bloom, please do. .bloom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.chapter one - stop praying.

go here for Angie and Jessica's chapter one post.
go here for chapter ones guest post.

How do you consistently remind yourself of God? 
First, I need to say this is a great question, because most of the time we push God to the side to only pull Him back out on Sunday mornings or for a quick second before a meal, if we remember.  I have trouble with this in my life, I let life get in the way and forget to include God in it.  God should be the primary person in our life; so, what can I do? How can I remember? 
This is what I do: I watch sermons online. They can be easily accessed and are a great reminder of how I should be living.  I usually watch Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill.  His sermons are amazing, free, and organized in a great way (most by book, some by series).  Click here to go to his list of sermons - there are also many, many other free sermons out there on the internet - he is just my favorite preacher to listen too.  I also listen to Christian music often, I try to read Christian books, I Pray throughout the day, and I use a journal in order to write many notes down.
In my journal I have many sections.  These sections are love, journal, sermon notes, prayers, scripture, crazy love (book club), book list, money, quotes, 1000 gifts, mom to mom (Bible study), calendar, & extra.  I really love the journal and use it more then I thought I would.  If you do not have a journal, I highly recommend it.  You do not need to write down each detail of your day, you can simply write small bits here and there.

What attribute of God is hardest for you to understand?
I have a very hard time believing that God is always fair and just.  I often wonder why he decides to heal some peoples sickness and not others.  I know that God has a plan and it is so big that I cannot begin to see it.  But I still question why he will not use his power to heal “good” people.  I love the quote that is found on page 33, "because He's God.  He has more of a right to ask us why so many people are starving.  As much as we want God to explain himself to us, His creation, we are in no place to demand that He give an account to us".  We need to trust that the Lord is fair and just, his plan is so much greater then we can fathom.

What stuck with you in this weeks reading?
The quote in the last answer stuck with me the most.  I found throughout this week that when I was questioning God I would stop and say to myself, just trust.  God knows best.  I have no right to ask God why.  He is in control and knows all that will happen in my life, he wants best for me – I know that.

Verses in Chapter One:
Romans 1:20
Psalms 19:1-4
Exodus 3:14
Psalms 102:12 & 27
Hebrews 4:13
Colossians 1:16
Psalms 139
Daniel 4:35
Proverbs 8:13
Psalms 115:3
Revelation 4
Isaiah 6

No comments: