Monday, October 26, 2009

.be still.

"Be still and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10
  This passage has been etched in my mind for a couple days now.  It is so hard for me to grasp, not the knowing God part, the being still.  Think about it.  I mean really think.  How often do we go to a place where we are still? Where we just take in all the awesomeness God has to offer?  Take in all that He freely gives?  How often do we just stop what we are doing, put aside our chaotic schedules, and just know that God is with us?
  I know for a fact that I don't do this enough, I know that it is something I need to work on.  Being still; this is such a complex thought for me in my daily grind.  I always think when do I have time to do that, to just take God in, but it shouldn't be so hard.  Its sad that being still can be complex, it should make you think of peace, make you relax.
  This stillness is what God says to do.  He tells us its ok to stop our schedules, it's in fact necessary.  Think about how many times Jesus himself went away to a quiet place in order to be still.  To take in God.  To be alone with His Savior and just worship.  To pray.  I encourage you, and I am encouraging myself, to just take time today to be with God.  He wants us to be still and just be with Him. To know Him.
"Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray." Mark 1:35

1 comment:

Bluebelle said...

Sometimes being still is the hardest bit isn't it? I hope you get some stillness this week.