Thursday, September 10, 2009

.hope in Christ.

"You love him even though you have never seen him.  Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.  The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1:8-9

.i have hope in Christ. Today as I read the first half of 1 Peter 1, these verses stood out to me.  It is amazing that although I have never seen Jesus I can love him so much.  I can feel His truth working in my life.  I can feel His guidance through the power of the Holy Spirit.  I can trust that He alone knows what is best in my life, and yours.  It says in verse 9 that the reward for trusting in him will be eternal life!  How awesome!  It is in comprehensible that He will give us eternal life for trusting in Him.  It is wonderful to know that even though I am a sinner He still loves me and has a place prepared for me.  I am excited for the day when I get to meet Jesus, I look forward to the day when I can enter into eternity with Him.  Until then I will continue to love the Lord, I will continue to find my hope in Him, I will continue to live out my faith. .i have hope in Christ.

*for amazing reference & more detail on 1 & 2 Peter watch the trial series at Mars Hill Church.

No comments: