Monday, August 31, 2009

.true faith.

"But don't just listen to God's word.  You must do what it says.  Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves."
James 1:22

"If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.  Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."
James 1:26 - 27

.true faith.  True faith comes from listening to God's word and acting on it.  This is beyond true.  Many of us, Christians, say that we are believers, we say that we follow Christ, we say that we believe.  But do we?  Do we believe with our whole heart? Do we show others that we care?  Do we act out our faith?  We should, we are called to, we must! 
To say that we are Christians and then live a life filled with worldly things is not acting out our faith - it is us being hypocrites.  No wonder many people look at so called Christians and do not believe.... because we don't truly believe ourselves.  If we did we would act different from the world.  We would put people above money, wisdom above popularity, we would act like Christ. 
I did not fully believe this until a year and a half ago.  I believed that I could have both, I could live the way I wanted and also call myself a believer.  I thought I could get drunk when I wanted, I could talk poorly about others when I felt like it, I could swear.  This is not Christian living.  Christian living is acting out our faith, it is making wise decisions in both our actions and our speech.  Christian living calls us to repent and no longer live in ways of this world.  When we are truly living for Christ we need to only walk towards Him - we can not do both, we cannot have both Christ and worldly possessions, or we are being hypocrites.  Are you truly living for Christ?  Are you walking with Him?  Or are you living for things of this world? Have true faith & walk with Him. Repent & be Saved.

No comments: