Friday, August 28, 2009

.forgiveness.

.this is a story on forgiveness. This week I have been captivated by this womans story.  I don't know why I was so drawn in, I don't know what made me go back and read more, but I do know it was for a reason and I see that now.  Truth be told, the first day I read Sarah's story I thought to myself, how could anyone do that?  How do you cheat on your husband? How do you sin that bad? But, sin is all equal, it is all the same, it is all wrong.  and I know that. 
I thought this for a while and then told myself I was am worse then she is, because she told her sin, she admitted her wrongs, she opened up her life to take lashing from people she didn't know.  And she didn't do it to make herself look good, definitely not to make herself look better, but to point people to the one who forgives, to point people to Christ. So I am worse because I far to often hide my sin, many of us do, in order to look better.  This makes us worse, it fills us with pride, it makes us judge, when in fact we are the same, all of us, we are all sinners.
This woman, Sarah, tells her story on adultery.  If you choose to read it, which I encourage you to do, I warn you now it is not a pretty story at first.  It is a story that shows how we all need to take every choice we make seriously, every little action heavily, and it shows that every decision will impact our future.  This is a story that shows how low one can go, how lies can come easy, how Satan can ruin.  This is a story that shows how God can heal, how others can forgive, how love can be saved.  This is a story that ultimately points to the Lord, the one who saves, it shows how only through him we can be restored. So I send you now, go and read, and then pray.  Pray that your marriage will stay strong, that whatever your hiding will be shown, that whatever pain you have can be healed, that whatever sin you have will be forgiven, and in turn you will forgive. go, read, & pray.

This story is in five parts: one, two, three, four, five.

No comments: